About the PracticeThe physicians of the Adult and Pediatric Allergy Center of Northern Virginia specialize in:
- Bee-Sting Allergy
- Breastfeeding Problems & Food Allergies
- Cosmetic Allergy
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis)
- Exercise-Induced Asthma
- Food Allergy
- Food Challenges
- Seasonal and Perennial Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever)
- Metallic Implant Allergy (orthopedic, dental, cardiac)
- Patch Testing (such as fragrances, metals, e.g., nickel, and cosmetics)
- Reactions to local anesthetic and pain medications
The Adult and Pediatric Allergy Center of Northern Virginia has specialized in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of allergies and asthma since 1981. We are affiliated with INOVA Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Reston Hospital in Reston, and INOVA Loudoun Hospital in Leesburg.
Our two physicians are Board Certified in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. In addition, Dr. Schuster is Board Certified in Pediatrics, and Dr. Vu is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. Drs. Schuster and Vu have been recognized by Washingtonian Magazine and Northern Virginia Top Doctors as two of the 100 best doctors in the Washington DC area.
The doctors are assisted by a staff which includes a nurse practitioner and registered nurses.
The practice has a special expertise in sports-induced asthma. Because we treat a number of Olympic and collegiate athletes, we are familiar with the special needs of high-performance athletes.